**THIS POST IS STUCK TO THE FRONT PAGE, PLEASE LOOK FOR NEW POSTS BELOW**
The above link is to a mindblowing post on John Trudell, a Native American who was one of the founders of the American Indian Movement (AIM) in the 70s. Wounded Knee was occupied by the Native folk wanting to hold on to their traditional ways versus their own BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs) and tribal police. It did not end well, and that is another post.
John was eloquent and outspoken for their rights. He was in Washington, D.C., when someone set fire to his house, killing his pregnant wife, their children, and his MIL. His wife was active in Native rights before AIM. A post on her here.
All of this relates to the protests in British Columbia, Canada, by the Unistoten and other tribes protesting yet another pipeline project across their pristine beautiful land.
Coverage by Vancouver Sun here.
Here’s a good synopsis of events leading up to this.
This kind of leads back to what John Trudell says in the video in the above blog — we are all from tribes. You might recall my recent post on my ancestors, the Irish, whom were very spiritual and therefore the Church nor the English could control them….so they tried genocide by starvation as I blogged about here.
Some of us have had our tribal spirituality beaten out of us over 1,000 years ago…satan has been around a loooong time.
A person is given the choice between joining them or be killed.
Well, for me, I would rather be against evil than with it. Are you with me??
**edited to add:
I was thinking about this post and thought perhaps I might add the spiritual things that have helped me so perhaps it might help others.
- satan feeds on anything negative. Fear. Anger. Jealousy. Selfishness. Greed. Bad thoughts. Guard against this. Every time you start to have bad thoughts, redirect your thinking to something else. I think this is a segway (a portal?) for satan to try to control your brain, and your heart and soul. One way that I deal with it is to breathe in and out, asking the Healing Spirits to take the negative away from me. I do this until I feel better. It is truly amazing to see what happens. The Elders at Standing Rock warned us of cussing. I have to admit that I was a little put off by that because it is how I vent when I am angry. And I felt like a little kid being scolded. But now I see their wisdom, in that the cussing is another segway, especially the G.D. In my church, G.D. was taught as a sin and I never said it before I began dating my ex. I have written about that in prior posts, so I won’t go into here, only that it was that first step of giving my power away because I thought my ex and his family were better than mine. And it is hard to stop cussing once you start.
- Don’t give your power away. Women are particularly vulnerable because the evil ones have convinced us that because of Eve, we are less-than men. We are not. The Creator sees us as equals to men. To put men on a pedestal and be obedient to them is actually idol worshipping that goes against the Commandment against idol worship. A woman should only answer to her Creator and no one else. If I had done this, I would not have been vulnerable to my ex. I would have walked out two months after we were married when I first experienced his cruelty. Owning your power is the protection against the evil.
- Ask for help. You must ask for help. A wise Miami/Cherokee friend told me when I first began my journey back to tribal spirituality, to be careful who I called to me. He warned me to be very specific to ask for the Helping/Healing Spirits to help me. Otherwise, the bad spirits would come. I ask God, the Creator, and the Helping Healing Spirits to help me understand what I don’t understand now, to help me to know what I need to know, to help me to get what I need even if I don’t know that I need it (this was given to me by the elders at Standing Rock — Thank You!); and finally to get the nurturing that I need so that I may be comforted and healed. One example of this is when I was at the Trail of Courage (Death) Rendezvous where they commemorate the forced removal of Chief Menominee from the Potawatomie lands here in Indiana. This was about three years ago, and I was struggling with my spiritual growth, not knowing what the Creator expected of me. I was having visions and strong dreams at this time, but told no one, I was afraid someone would call me a witch, which I am not! I was about to leave because I was angry and I didn’t know why and I didn’t want to spoil things. Suddenly, during the tribal dance, the announcer said they wanted everyone to come in a tight circle and say a prayer together. I was reluctant because of how I was feeling, but I went in anyway. We all gathered around, and the main guy started to say “listen to your dreams and visions…” (I think he said be grateful for the visions and dreams, but my memory is foggy on that.) As we stood there and prayed, I suddenly felt overwhelming love. Pure, non-judgmental love. It was how I felt when I was visited and shown Heaven when I was about to lose my house and attempted suicide. This was exactly the same joy and happiness I had felt when seeing Heaven. After thinking about this, I noticed that every.single.time. that I was at the Rendezvous, this anger came out of nowhere. Now I believe it was satan working on me. It happened too many times.
- Touch the Earth every day. I mean really be aware of all of Creation and all that God has given us. I believe that God put his Spirit in everything He created and it is easier to stay connected to the Creator by feeling his Spirit in every living thing.
- Humble yourself and be grateful. I take a bite-size piece of each food of my meals and set it aside as a humble “thank you” to the Creator. I place it on the ground and say a quiet “thanks”. I give thanks for every glass of water; for the snow; for the trees; for the birds, and all of Creation. You will be amazed how this humble, simple act gives you such joy.
- Take care of your body, a walking miracle.
- Forgive yourself for mistakes. And try to do better. None of us is perfect, but the evil ones are having us judge each other harshly, believing some are better than others, so that satan can convince us to kill those deemed “beneath us”. As John Trudell had said, this has happened throughout history, and the ones who are killed are the ones who will not give up their spirituality and their connection to the Creator. They are not willing to join the evil ones, so they are killed. I would rather be killed standing against the evil than remain alive going against my heart and soul. And let me stress this — your body may die, but your spirit goes on! And nobody dies alone — you are surrounded by God’s Helpers and your own earth family when you pass, so that you are not alone and your fear fades away. I’m not saying that you don’t have any fear — the Creator built that into us to protect us here on Earth — but once you realize the Creator is there with you, the fear is gone.
- Realize that satan uses things that appear to be good but the true intentions hidden. Every church, every charity, every environmental group, every single thing that was good in the past has been infiltrated by satanists. And they keep their motives hidden for a long time. Sex and humor have also been tools.
- Stay connected to the Creator always.